Your sump pump is one of those items you may not think about until you need it—then you trust it’s working as it should. The good news is that the professionals at Service Experts are here to help whether you need new sump pump installation, repair or replacement for your Provo home.
Sump pumps can fail for a number of different reasons and we’ve probably seen it all. So, when your sump pump starts acting up, give Service Experts a call to schedule a visit and explore your issue.
During our visit, we can provide you with various preventive maintenance tips to help certify your sump pump doesn’t leave you high and dry (or actually, quite the contrary) when you need it most. Our staff will observe your sump pump for appropriate operation and if we see any sign of a potential issue, we’ll alert you immediately and discuss your options.
It is crucial to take note there are multiple simple things that you can do to ensure you have your sump pump set up for ideal operation:
- Make sure the pump is plugged in to a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet in case of power surges.
- Ensure the cord is in good shape.
- Be sure the pump is standing straight and not tilting to one side because it can cause the sump pump to not activate when needed.
- If it’s been some time since your sump pump has operated, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and the water drains quickly.
- When it’s going to be dry, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom as it can pull small stones into the grate over time.
- Make sure the vent hole in the discharge pipe is unblocked.
Because your sump pump is really a type of insurance to protect your house and your belongings from what can be distressing water damage, look to the experts at Service Experts to help ensure yours is doing its job. We’ve got the experience and expertise you need, whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Give us a call at 801-396-0637
or request an appointment online.