Gas Line Repair from the Experts in Provo

If you think you may have a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 immediately.

Signs of a gas leak can include the following:

  • The scent of sulfur or “rotten eggs”
  • Hissing or blowing sounds from appliances hooked up to the gas line, such as gas stoves, or sounds from the gas source itself
  • Dead or discolored grass, plants or other vegetation
  • People inside the home experiencing symptoms such as dizziness, nausea or fatigue
If you have any of these signs and are worried they could be related to a gas leak, get out of your home and call 911 immediately, followed by your utility company.

There are cases where the utility company will take care of a gas leak, but in a lot of scenarios the homeowner is liable. Luck for you, the professionals at Service Experts are thoroughly trained to install or repair gas lines and we are committed to getting the job done right, and more importantly, safely. Not to mention that all our work is backed with our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee!

GAS LINE REPAIR IS SOMETHING YOU SHOULD NEVER TRY AS A DIY PROJECT.

While there are a ton of things to do around the house that homeowners decide to take on by themselves, gas line repair ought to be left up to the experts. It is the only way to be sure that your gas lines are both safe and effective, as well as up to all Provo codes.

From adding gas lines for a new stove or oven to fixing gas lines for a heater in your garage, Service Experts’s experiences in the industry have allowed us to handle a number of gas line projects in the Provo community, so no job is too much for our experts.

Gas Leak and Carbon Monoxide Safety

As noted before, the first thing you need to do if you are nervous about a gas leak is leave your home and then call 911 immediately. After emergency responders are coming your way, call your utility company.

Once the emergency responders and utility company have made certain there is no danger, call Service Experts to arrange a gas line repair, installation or replacement.

Poisonous gases, including natural gas and carbon monoxide, should be taken very seriously. Be sure you have carbon monoxide detectors installed in your home and call 911 promptly if you’re ever worried about a gas leak or carbon monoxide in your home. Unlike natural gas, carbon monoxide won’t have a smell and cannot be easily detected. The EPA recommends the following steps to lower exposure to carbon monoxide:
  • Keep gas appliances correctly adjusted.
  • Put in and utilize an exhaust fan vented to outdoors over gas stoves.
  • Open flues when fireplaces are in use.
  • Have a well-versed professional inspect, clean and tune up your central heating systems (including furnaces, flues and chimneys) annually and repair any leaks immediately.
For more tips on how to safely heat your home and avoid carbon monoxide issues, check out our blog.
 
Schedule an Appointment
gas line repair